September 1, 2014

He was ready...

B has been going to preschool/daycare since I went back to work just before he turned two. For almost three years I have been anxiously waiting for the day he would say goodbye to his preschool and to daycare and I always felt a little sad. (Well not for those daycare payments to be done) Then it happened. His last day of preschool was here. I dropped him off and I cried. It was starting to hit me he was going to be in kindergarten in just a matter of days. I couldn't make him stay little. For the next few days I constantly thought about if he was ready. Mentally, emotionally could he handle it?

I took the Friday off before B started school to spend the day with him. We went to meet the teacher at his new school and took a tour of his new classroom. I could see how excited he was. For the next few days it was all he talked about. His new school. His new class. Being in kindergarten. Yet, I still wondered. Was he ready?

August 26th he walked into school didn't even shed a tear and then he told me to leave. I though watching my sweet little boy walk into his first day of school would be hard and in some ways it was. 

But seeing him walk in so brave and strong. Taking his seat and sitting right next to his new friends it hit me. He was ready.  I had done everything I could as mother. No matter how many times I prayed for him to stay little, stay my baby. The inevitable happened. He grew up. He was five. He was smart and brave. He was funny and loved to talk about everything and anything. He loves sports and cars. He changes his mind about what he wants to be every day. He is ready for Kindergarten and I couldn't be more excited to see what changes happen over the next year for my sweet boy.

No comments: