June 30, 2014

Getting Healthy

I never considered myself to have body image issues. I think I was the typical teenage girl who at times felt incredibly uncomfortable in my own skin. There were times of course where I felt confident and thought I looked good and there were plenty of moments where I felt just the opposite of that.

Before I had B I was finally at the point where I was comfortable with where my body was. Of course 9 months of pregnancy and post baby will change that. It took almost a fully year but I got down to about 5lbs shy of my pre-pregnancy weight. Just by watching what I ate and walking. Eventually we moved to Texas. Within two years I gained closed to 30lbs. The last time I weighed that much I was pregnant. It was taking a toll on me. I was tired all the time, depressed and just felt completely disgusted with what I had done to myself. I just wanted to be skinnier.

Last year I started working out, watching what I ate and taking vitamins. I dropped all but 10lbs of that ext a weight. Then I stopped. I stopped working out. I stopped choosing the healthier options. I just stopped caring. I lost my motivation and let it all come back. Plus another almost 10 lbs. I felt so unhealthy and disgusted with myself.

A few months ago(maybe two) I weighed myself. And I cried. I was so tired of feeling so terribly, physically and emotionally. I joined a new gym and started making better choices. I started reminding myself that my weight gain didn't happen over night and changes weren't going to happen that way either. I started to stop weighing myself weekly. I started to want to be healthier. I changed that word to help change my mindset. I want to be healthy. I want to be strong. I want to feel good about myself, physically and emotionally. Most importantly I want to be comfortable in my own skin.

Skinny meg has partnered with some other amazing ladies for a 12 week challenge. I signed up. I had to post my before pictures and nearly had an anxiety attack doing it. I am so terrified to put myself out there but I need the push and motivation to keep going. To keep pushing myself and to keep working towards getting HEALTHY.

So today starts my 12 week challenge. I decided to write down my goals for the next 12 weeks to keep reminding myself what I am working towards for now...

1. Work out 5 Days a week.
2. Water. Water. Water.
3. No more Dr. Pepper's/No Soda
4. Track All My Food On MFP(My Fitness Pal)
5. Lose one Dress Size.

No comments: