February 21, 2014

Working Mom.

I could tell you that I am sitting here all done up, hair, make up and some super cute outfit about to hit the town for a hot date with my sexy husband. But the majority of that is a lie.
Ill be honest. It is barely 6pm and I am sitting in my jammies, hair in the typical "blogger" bun and my makeup looks barely acceptable. But this is real life. I'm tired. It has been a long week of work, being a mama, and being a wife. Tonight we ordered in and are currently on the 7th movie of the day.
The little was up ALLL NIIIGHT LOOONG. Sick. Which means I got al of  threeish hours of sleep.  The husband and I took shifts today. He stayed home this morning and went into work this afternoon. I of course went in this morning and my lovely bosses let me leave at 12 to spend the afternoon at home. I am super thankful for my job that allows me to "tap in" remotely when I'm unable to be in the office. This afternoon was spent with the little man, movies, medicine and lots of snuggles. His fever has finally broken, and hopefully it will be gone for good. Nothing breaks a working mama's heart like your sweet boy laying on the couch with a bowl next to him as he asks you to stay and hug him. Thankfully daddy was there to save the day.
Sometimes its incredibly hard to balance working and being home. I struggled with it for a long time and there are still days I much rather wake up to play dates and puzzles with him then work. Then I am reminded of the things we are able to do because we have two incomes. Because I work I can afford to do things with him that we probably would not be able to.
I am super lucky to actually like my job. I have incredible bosses who love B. Its the perfect mix of casual and business. So if I am going to work, then I am glad its there. 
Most importantly if I have to work...I'm glad its for him.

No comments: