September 8, 2015

B's Room Cleanup


Once a year I do a major clean out and re-organziation of B's room. I usually pick when the hubs is on his hunting trip. This past weekend was no different.  Ill show you the before. It is bad.

B has a typical six year old way of cleaning. He shoves things into whatever bin is closest or under his bed. Not exactly efficient but it gets it done.  Clearly his room needed some work. I am super thankful I had my mom come over to help.  Here are a my top four tips to help you!

1.Keep the little one occupied: B will come in to "help" but sometimes when I am trying to throw away the 100th minion toy he got from a happy meal and he starts to cry because it is his "most favorites toy" it would just be easier if he was not "helping".

2. The Supplies: Trash bags to sort through the toys and clothes. Immediately make a designated donate pile and a trash pile. Clorox wipes, lets be real you know you will need them. Grab a drink and get started!

3. Pick a corner and start. I always start with the closet and dresser. I go though all of his clothes, coats, shoes. Even down to socks and undies. The stuff that is just stained or torn or just too worn I trash. Anything in good condition gets placed in a pile to send to his cousin. I also start taking inventory of what he will need for the upcoming season. This year's big item will be coats and sweaters.

4. Take a break. Sorting through the massive amounts of clothing and toys gets overwhelming and exhausting to be honest. I took a break about half way through to run to the store and watch a 30 minute show on Netflix. Stepping aways for even just a few minutes makes a world of difference.  I immediately started back up and knocked out the rest of this major project.


Overall not including my break I finished up his room in just about two hours. B did surprisingly well with giving away his old toys. We left his room with one bag of clothes for his cousin and two bags of broken toys and junk. I would say it was successful. Happy Cleaning!

No comments: